· PhD in machine learning (or in a highly related area) or equivalent experience
· Solid background in statistical learning techniques
· Algorithm implementation experience as well as the ability to modify standard algorithms (e.g. changing objectives, working-out the math, implementing and scaling)
· Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.)
· Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning.
· Fluency with Unix systems
· Ability to develop prototypes by manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
· Eager to learn new algorithms, to keep up-to-date with literature, explore new application areas and new tools.
· Excellent communication skills