IT Support Engineer (m/f) in Daventry
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
We pioneer: This is your chance to make history. IT Support Engineer (m/f)
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our operations network.
As an IT Support Engineer you will report to the IT Manager and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers and technicians to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day to day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.Operations – Fulfillment, Delivery and Sort Centers
Operations are at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfillment, Delivery and Sort Centers are responsible for controlling the vast range of customer orders and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want when they want it.
For your convenience part of the Recruiting process will be a digital video interview
(HireVue) in which you will record your answers to our interview questions. Rather than take a day away from your responsibilities to conduct a phone interview, we're bringing the interview to you. Interview anywhere, anytime that’s most convenient for you. To ensure you receive the relevant Email communication please check your spam/junk folder on a regular basisResponsibilities:
You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
- Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Perform site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
- Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
- Coordinate asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
- Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls.
- Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
- Contribute to sites on call schedule.
- Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as the technical contact for remote support teams as and when required.
The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Engineers execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48-inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 40 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height). This position will require 25% travel.