Prime is a one-of-a-kind, all-you-can-eat, physical-digital hybrid — in 2014 alone Amazon paid billions of dollars for Prime shipping and invested $1.3 billion in Prime Instant Video. We’ll continue to work hard for our tens of millions of Prime members around the world. This is why Prime continues to grow rapidly. In 2014 worldwide paid membership grew 54% year-over-year with tremendous growth in our international locales (AT, BE DE, FR, IT, ES and UK). Come join our team and help shape one of the most loved and used membership programs in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager that will take responsibility for specific areas of the business and will advocate on behalf of our customers developing on a wide range of products and services. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, business operations experience, an understanding of how software teams build, manage and deploy their applications, and the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating win-win propositions.
You will draw upon management skills, project management, business operations, data analytics, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for building new products and service propositions, taking E2E responsibility, from systems to marketing. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, creative, self-directed and a great team player. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with business, operations and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions that drive Prime member growth.
You must be able to:
• Autonomously manage an area of the business.
• Work with customers to understand their use cases and their existing solutions.
• Lead reporting and business reviews.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmap.
• Address bottlenecks, provide customer input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of desired solutions.
• Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
• Conduct training and outreach to internal support teams as well as external customers.
• Work with retail and marketing teams to drive adoption.