We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. The successful Systems Engineer does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling out a massive always-on distributed system that is serving production workloads for customers of AWS.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Lead the builds of CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
- Mentor and advise the global team on matters of system engineering and architecture best practices.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.