At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented Startup Business Development Manager to join the AWS business development team to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud across the startup vertical in Europe Middle East and Africa Emerging Markets
. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-starter to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to drive significant value for startups building sophisticated, scalable applications.
The mission of the AWS Startup Team is to work with the best startups to build their businesses on AWS, and to help them be successful and grow.
As a Business Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the global startup communities. Your responsibilities will include
- Identifying appropriate Accelerators and Incubators to target
- Recommending, implementing and reporting on AWS’s metrics within the startup ecosystem
- Develop a leveraged, differentiated and distributed strategy that allows AWS to deliver appropriate value to Accelerators and Incubators across the world using resources in Seattle and in other worldwide offices of AWS.
- Driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the Accelerators / Incubators and their startups and alumni to establish new business in those accounts,
- Collaborating with the AWS startup marketing team to communicate with the startup ecosystem
- Working closely with the AWS Account Management team drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity.
You’ll also work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management and support teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with the partners and managers of the Accelerators and Incubators, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with startup founders, software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate AWS’s global organization to achieve results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Identify key Accelerators and Incubators who target companies that have infrastructure needs matching AWS’s offerings, and drive engagement with those Accelerators and Incubators.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the Accelerators and Incubators and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using the AWS platform and services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Implement and manage reporting systems to track the effectiveness of the efforts to target the companies in Accelerator and Incubator programs.
- Prepare reports and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding the effectiveness of these efforts and roadblocks to establishing new Accelerator and Incubator engagements.
- Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the Accelerator / Incubator and startup community on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
- Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
- Some travel is required.