Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly skilled and proactive Business Intelligence Engineer to join our growing Amazon Payments Europe (APE) Compliance team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
As a Compliance BIE, you will be working closely with the APE Compliance and Risk teams to develop actionable metrics that support the growth of our operational team. Your main focus will be to support the execution of the AML program and other critical Compliance programs through the use and management of large datasets, building metrics dashboards and reports, and improving workflows by automation. You will learn about different aspects of payments compliance, payment systems, marketplaces and Amazon as a whole, and work on problems that are critical to the entire business. Key responsibilities
- Learning about the team’s processes and advising on technical improvements / automation
- Contributing to the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive efficiency
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant compliance risk and guiding management in the development/review of applicable policies, procedures and business practices.
- Support the execution of operational projects, especially the AML program
- Learning and understanding a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use
- Extracting data using Oracle SQL, Amazon Redshift, and other technologies
- Analyzing data using suitable tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python)
- Responding with urgency to high priority external and internal requests