As a UX Design Manager at Amazon Video, you will be responsible for leading a team of UX Designers, Information Architects and Prototypers in developing best-in-class customer experiences for Amazon Video on Living Room Devices, from Internet-connected TVs, to game consoles, to set-top boxes. You will report to the Senior Manager of UX Design in London, and work closely with Product Management, Engineering colleagues in London and Seattle to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a visionary leader that can translate customer and business needs into an engaging, customer-focused solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative environment.
Amazon Video enables customers to stream or download tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes, including the latest Hollywood blockbusters and currently airing TV series, and to enjoy streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional charge included with an Amazon Prime membership. Amazon Video is available globally on web browsers, apps on mobile and tablet devices, and on Internet-connected TVs, game consoles, and set-top boxes.
• Mentor, supervise and lead a team of UX designers, information architects and prototypers as they create best-in-class customer experiences for Movie and Video consumption across a range of living room devices.
• Analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
• Provide creative leadership and innovation in the area of digital video discovery and consumption across a range of platforms and devices while maintaining the right level of cross-platform cohesion and consistence
• Consider market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and user research findings and drive data-driven decision making in your team and your colleagues in other disciplines
• Work closely with the Product Management teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
• Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Regularly present the team’s work to Amazon Video senior managers and Amazon.com executives for review and feedback