The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements. The team coordinates the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation and flagging hazardous risks. The team is also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from Amazon´s sites and warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is a policy instrument under which manufacturers, producers and, in some instances, distributors take responsibility for their products and packaging by paying eco-fees to support post-consumer product and packaging recycling, including product take-back. Products typically affected by EPR regulations include consumer electronics, household appliances, tires, bottles/containers, batteries, lighting, paints, engine oils, furniture, and packaging materials. EPR programs are managed by the sustainability team for EU and CA.
· Support the improvement of Extended Producer Responsibility processes and requirements to achieve quality targets
· Drive continuous improvement and document any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and own specific actions or change recommendations
· Manage cross-functional projects
· Own metrics, deep dive on KPIs, troubleshooting on reports and multiple data sources
· Work cross-functionally to manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in Compliance Operations, Retail and Sales teams.
· Interact with multiple stakeholders to communicate on process & operations and represent data/metrics information and project reviews
· Identify training gaps that require learning support