As Specialised Solution Architect Manager, EMEA, you will be leading an EMEA team of specialized Solution Architects within the wider Global Specialized Sales Organization (GSSO) of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) business. This team will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (EC2, Windows, WorkSpaces/AppStream, Edge Services, Connect, Chime, HPC, IoT, and Games, just to name a few) within AWS Enterprise customers accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: growing and developing an elite technical team; aligning to support priorities of the larger customer facing team; working closely with Enterprise account management and business development roles to help grow the AWS Enterprise business; support technical engagements and help refining AWS methodology to drive broad adoption of the AWS platform; ensuring the team has deep expertise in AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate possess a track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring senior technical professionals; supporting and working in close partnership with account management and other functions to plan and execute the AWS strategy; customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within the customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
This position is based in Luxembourg. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and grow a senior team of specialist Solutions Architects
- Serve as a key member of the team responsible for supporting the business
- Serve as a key member of the customer facing team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Suggest and implement programs and initiatives for the country/regional Solutions Architecture team
- Help prioritize activities of the larger team; suggest the scope of customer engagements, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of other internal Amazon systems.
- Travel will be required