Senior Manager – Competitive Intelligence, EMEAThis position must sit in London or Luxembourg.
As a Business Development lead for Competitive Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on an overall competitive strategy for AWS’s cloud computing business in EMEA. Your responsibilities will include understanding the overall competitive landscape for AWS, which includes understanding with whom AWS competes, how often and when and why we win and lose vs. these competitors, and exploring new and creative ways to win and retain customers across the market. You will work closely with Marketing to drive AWS's overall competitive strategy and messaging, identifying existing programs and resources, and developing and implementing new programs where gaps exist. You will serve as an expert resource on competitive intelligence of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures, working with our customers and field teams to understand the benefits of migrating to AWS.
You will synthesize data and information from intelligence gathering and customer engagements into succinct findings and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to business development, account management, and service team senior management. You will track and prioritize competitive customer engagements that require market intelligence to drive the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagements and communicate the benefits of AWS to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. You should have demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers. You should also have knowledge and a technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors in general, and AWS specifically. You will have experience leading teams, ideally focused on market intelligence and competitive analysis. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers and partners.
- Drive development of AWS's overall competitive strategy and customer programs.
- Work with AWS Account Management, Business Development and Marketing teams, drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and sales messaging with our customers.
- Develop and execute a methodology to track the volume of competitive opportunities, as well as when and why AWS wins and loses.
- Develop programs and messaging to educate our customers on the benefits around the detailed decisions in selection of AWS as their cloud provider.
- Work closely with the account management team to drive closure on our highest priority engagements.
- Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners, and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
- Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader cloud computing market.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on Competitive Intelligence related issues.