Have you ever wondered what type of services last mile carriers are up to? How can they meet the ever-growing e-commerce business around the globe by delivering a fast cost effective solution to delivering packages to every far reach of Europe? Would you like to help them implement innovative last mile solutions? Do you obsess over how to improve processes to deliver a superior customer and driver experience? Do you desire a career that will focus on how to globalize the B2C delivery service and set the new standard for the balance of the industry to envy? If these characteristics describe you, then come and join the EU AMZL DSP Management team and help make the world smaller…one package at a time.
Specifically, the AMZL EU DSP Engagement Manager seeks to understand our supplier’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing last mile solutions. The Engagement Manager leads individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the EU AMZL DSP Management team members, customer Stakeholders and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution. You will understand the Legal aspect, and the local client environment so you can define to which extent we can challenge those without deteriorating their ability to succeed when partnering with AMZL.
This opportunity requires excellent program management, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills. If you have demonstrated an ability to innovate for the customer and want to create the best in the world delivery experience, then come join the EU AMZL DSP Management team. Key Job Responsibilities:
· Work extensively with the AMZL EU country teams to identify needs and opportunities related to delivery service providers
Engage with AMZL senior leadership team to propose the best service strategy
· Owning the voice of the delivery service providers (DSPs)/delivery associates (DA) and dispatcher
· Driving fair pay initiatives (through benchmarks, etc.)
· Manage several competing priorities ensuring critical projects remain visible to all stakeholders whilst maintaining a plan for less urgent matters
· Dive deep into various work streams and not be afraid to learn about each stakeholders contribution, challenges
· Measuring and improving driver attrition
· Measuring the profitability of delivery service providers (DSPs) and financial risk
· Driving improved communication with DSPs and drivers
· Defining and implementing the right surveys/forums/tools in order to assess improvement opportunities
· Assessing key DSP Engagement challenges by country and ensuring that action plans are in place