Amazon seeks a Senior Finance Analyst
to lead the EU Direct Fulfilment (DF) business based out of Luxembourg. The DF program – also known as drop shipping – is one of the fast growing programs in Amazon EU that integrates vendors who can directly ship to customers, by-passing the Amazon FCs, with a core purpose of unlocking unlimited selection and getting items across to customers quicker and in a more profitable manner, with the same competitive price and world class Amazon customer service experience.
As a finance leader, you will help define the business strategy for this team in the years to come. This position is a critical partner to the leadership team supporting a team of business managers, and will have responsibility for creating business metrics, reporting, forecasting and analysis. You will take ownership for the DF P&L across geographies and product categories and lead profitability improvement initiatives by close collaboration with our Operations colleagues. In addition, you will be responsible for working closely with senior management across Europe, educating them on the business strategy of these businesses and driving transparency. The successful candidate will need to be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. Primary responsibilities:
- Develop and own the financial planning process including suggesting new ways to better measure the businesses
- Build tools and systems to support EU scope ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with Pan-EU business teams on reporting, analysis and projects to increase transparency and build trust.
- Recommend and lead projects to drive business profitability while balancing the need to invest in future growth in a young channel as DF, poised for tremendous growth in the near future
- Automate reporting including working with global tech teams to develop automated best in class reporting
- Setting up financial audit processes to monitor and minimize business risk and improve controllership.