Amazon.co.uk opened its virtual doors in October 1998 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon.co.uk has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVD’s to MP3’s, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and so much more.
The Amazon Fashion Business Europe is seeking a Head of Finance to work closely with our UK Fashion team and our EU Sports team. Based at Amazon.co.uk Ltd’s Office in Holborn, the finance leader will work collaboratively with Amazon Fashion leaders across Europe, driving profitable growth while helping the company manage its strategic, financial, and operational plans.
The Head of Finance will form part of the EU Fashion finance team, working with both finance and business colleagues and driving various financial analysis, strategic initiatives, and control activities that fuel Amazon's future growth and help to influence decisions. They will also help transform and improve current finance and business processes to increase efficiency across the business and organization as well as to enable better decision making via improved transparency of financial results. Key Responsibilities:
The role will have broad responsibilities and partner with various teams and stakeholders to help drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance of our business. Specifically:
- Be the Finance Partner for UK Shoes and Apparel, and EU Sports Shoes, driving financial performance of the UK and Pan-EU business across the entire P&L
- Supporting and influencing internal customer groups in all finance and strategic business matters
- Identify issues and establish mechanisms to improve operational excellence as well as business perfomrnace, implementing change in conjunction with partnering teams
- Deal with a broad scope of tasks (e.g. business case modelling, lead strategic projects across EU, ad hoc analyses of business drivers), and establish strong relationships with multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization located across EU (local business leaders, pan EU teams, senior management, Operations, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Drive excellence and support the transformation of existing processes, e.g. via centralization and standardization, to better address business needs
- Impact and influence at a senior level to ensure strong financial controls and create value to the business, with communication with Amazon leadership in UK, Germany, Luxembourg and Seattle.
- Decision making support via analysis of underlying data to help negotiating of commercial terms of contractual / vendor relationships