Health and Safety Manager (m/f)
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and take real ownership of Health and Safety in one of our Fulfilment Centres.
Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
It’s in this logistics environment that we will need an experienced Health and Safety Manager to play a critical role. You will be managing overall Health and Safety standards in this Fulfilment Centres, while also working towards the continuous improvement of functionality and efficiency. Your responsibilities:
You will be managing key aspects of output: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
- Managing Health and Safety and employee satisfaction at your Fulfilment Centres, including supervising employee wellbeing and productivity,
- Proactively collaborating on Health and Safety projects, across all UK-based Operations sites,
- Providing authoritative guidance on Health & Safety matters to all stakeholders, especially on those relating to your designated area of responsibility,
- Review and audit arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate,
- Plan and strategise work systems around reducing Health and Safety risks, e.g. recommending suitable adaptations to machinery and processes,
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Health and Safety statistics,
- Provide management with information and statistics related to your area of responsibility,
- Support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of your Fulfilment Centre’s fast-paced environment,
- Drive behavioural culture change programmes, across a large, complex, multi-shift operation,
- Implement and review Amazon’s global safety policies, ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met.