Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our Sellers and Vendors. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform.
Over 2 million sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world.
To meet our sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Amazon is looking for strong Transportation Operations Specialists for his Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) new team.
AGL is dedicated to building, managing and operating a global logistics network that enables selection from anywhere in the world and delivers customer orders to anywhere in the world, cost effectively. As part of this strategy, we have established a locally based Amazon Global Logistics team in EU that is responsible for the performance of our carriers, related to international transportation of inbound purchase orders and outbound customer orders.
This local team has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with the Global Logistics team worldwide developing capabilities, products and carrier strategies that continue to improve our competitive position in our existing market places, between our market places, exports and also new geographies expansion.
A Transportation Operations Specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and delivery performance. A Trans Ops Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching & querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (over phone or email). An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the verbal and written form.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate on day to day with internal stakeholders in order to understand and fix their concrete problems.
- Understand the issue and make best use of the available resources to resolve it.
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams according to processes and standard.
- Ensure to surpass all performance and quality goals
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one will be required to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand performance metrics to create analysis allowing to drive business results.
- Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.