Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical leader to join the Pan EU Sourcing (PES) Vendor Management team as Manager of Vendor Management
based in Luxembourg.
PES is a pan-EU sourcing team working with vendors based in the 23 EU countries where Amazon does not have a marketplace in order to enhance our selection and maximize product availability.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skill set including leadership development, analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, and strong vendor management and negotiations skills. You must be willing to improve existing workflows and improve processes to enhance customer experience.
You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the business across categories. Experience in retail business, analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required. Responsibilities
- Support the PES sourcing strategies across the categories we support (direct or indirect supply, priority brands and selection) across all categories that are sold on the EU Marketplaces
- Manage and nurture vendor relations in the EU
- Lead a team of 4-7 vendor managers
- Establish trusted consultative client relationships to significantly contribute to improving title selection and availability for customers of books on Amazon's websites.
- Support the execution of technical integration with new vendors and support projects to more efficiently source stock and set up new items.
- Assist the Vendor Management team in business development activities
- Manage day-to-day back office operational aspects, including gathering and addressing customer feedback & business improvement initiatives.
- Build internal and external metric reports to monitor vendor management performance
- Coach and develop the team of vendor managers
- Be an ambassador within the industry and consistently enhance Amazon EU’s position.
- Build strong relationships at a senior level with our other retail partners to drive profitable growth and share best practice across categories.
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight and action.
- Seek out ways to automate & simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity.