Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Physical Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today. Key Responsibilities:
· Work with our front-end design and physical design teams to develop leading-edge physical implementations and silicon products
· Expand your in-depth understanding and experience with physical design tools and flows – from RTL to GDS
· Your work will focus on the full development flow: Floor planning, Bus / Pin Planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off
· Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through excellent collaboration and teamwork with other physical design engineers as well as with the RTL design team
· Flow development, Innovation, optimization and scripting