Salary: £Competitive + bonuses + stock
Posting date: 3rd July 2017
Closing date: 2nd August 2017
Amazon opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s biggest selection. Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Almost half of the sales come from our international businesses and our European retail business is a core part of that scale and growth. Amazon’s presence in Europe is growing fast including operations in Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain and our EU headquarters in Luxembourg.
Amazon is looking for a Senior Product Manager to grow Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) in the UK. Amazon Vendor Services are a suite of services designed to help Amazon's most strategic vendors grow and deliver the best customer experience by working across all key retail levers (e.g. selection, availability, operational efficiency, catalog quality, and marketing). The service is delivered primarily through Brand Specialists assigned to specific vendors. Amazon has an ambitious vision for the future of this service, focusing on business impact for vendors and the categories, operational scalability and vendor satisfaction.
As Senior Product Manager for Amazon Vendor Services, you will manage a team of Brand Specialists to deliver value to vendors subscribed to the service. Your priority will be to deliver on our commitment to help vendors improve their performance across key retail metrics, ensure their satisfaction with the service and continuously improve the productivity of your team. You will work in close collaboration with the Category Leader and Vendor Managers to grow the number of vendors subscribed to the service, understand their needs and define the right goals and targets. You will also work with our Central AVS organization and our offshore operations teams to drive productivity through standardization, offshoring and automation. Finally you will be expected to contribute to continuous enhancements and innovation within the service. You will meet senior management on a regular basis to help them with strategic decision making.
You should be passionate about managing and developing people, highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, and tech-interested. You need to have a proven track record of delivering results through teams in fast-paced and dynamic business environments while managing the sometimes conflicting needs of different groups of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Product Manager for AVS (m/f) :
- Partner with Vendor Managers and key retail category functions to define priorities and operational goals according to vendor needs
- Manage a team of Brand Specialists owning the joint business plans for a large pool of vendors and deliver significant business impact
- Audit metrics regularly to continually drive quality of vendor and employee experience across multiple sub-categories
- Define the skills required within the team to support your vendors with specific problematics
- Develop the right skillsets within the team and allocate resources to vendors
- Grow and develop people into a talent pool for Amazon
- Collaborate with category teams and the central AVS team to enhance and grow the service
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to improve tools and productivity
- Drive key business initiatives, managing the planning, development and roll-out