Transportation Procurement at Amazon Europe is all about creating and adding value through great category management, sourcing activities and supplier management. Our team looks after suppliers across a full range of transportation sub-categories - including postal services, express deliveries and 3PL (FTL, LTL, Groupage). 2017/18 will be an exciting year for us with new team members, a refreshed strategy and functional development plan and some big opportunities to make a significant contribution to the success of our business. Purpose of Job
· Member of the transportation procurement team with direct commercial responsibility for a share of the 3rd party Transportation and Logistics spend across Amazon Europe.
· Leads by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with stakeholders to secure value and advantage for Amazon Europe together with our key suppliers.
· Establishes alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting Amazon Europe from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
· Identifies and implements significant bottom-line cost savings, as well as introducing company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and the supply base.
· Ensure the Group scale is leveraged, aggregating all volumes across functions/business units, rationalising the supply base, moving to more standard specifications across the addressable spend. Nature & Scope of the Job
· Contribute to the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function.
· Accountable for creating and achieving cost savings, cash flow improvements, capacity security, service performance and quality targets.
· Establish credibility among the various stakeholder communities
· Develop strategies across their portfolios and expand their sphere of influence across the stakeholder’s budget.
· Drive innovation and champion value-engineering across postal services, express deliveries and 3PL (FTL, LTL, Groupage).
· Deliver measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business.
· Monitor market prices to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation.