We Pioneer. Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are looking for a talented Executive Recruiting Principal to help the business scale by identifying and recruiting top talent to fill our management roles. There is no greater reward in search than seeing candidates you have placed have a significant, positive impact on the business. The Executive Recruiter will perform search execution for management positions within Amazon. This is a fast paced role within an exciting growing team. This search specialist will utilize a range of skills to find the best talent for Amazon including search research, networking and candidate development. This role will drive search navigation by:
- Conducting research to map our markets and generate candidate names and profiles
- Creating robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers
- Developing those prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing initial assessment
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
- Participating in client update meetings on active searches and preparing reports
- Shadowing on-site interviews and debriefs
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership
To be successful, you will need to leverage lessons learned in executive recruiting with either an in-house executive search team for blue-chip, global firms, preferably in the technology industry, or as an Associate in a large retained executive search company or a search boutique.
You will need to exhibit the following traits:
- Ability to effectively create robust search and talent mapping strategies, finding new pockets of talent for the organization
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- Highly articulate, able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Self assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet
The ideal candidate needs exceptional research, executive sourcing and assessing skills, and a personality that can keep up with an entrepreneurial, fast paced recruiting culture. He/she will be someone who can work autonomously and as part of a team, who is articulate with solid oral and written communication skills, and who is a good listener. He/she must also be organized and able to manage multiple activities to completion.
There is room to rise within the company and take on greater positions of responsibility as appropriate. This role can be based in Luxembourg or London.