Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice.
Amazon is seeking a business intelligence and analytic leader to manage a team of business intelligence engineer and who is looking to work in this new space to help define how we use data to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, comfortable working with executives and multiple stakeholders from different departments. You are comfortable in a fast moving organization, and excited about growing the careers of engineers and analysts. You should have broad skills in business intelligence, database design, building self-service tools, defining metrics and KPIs, and applying analytical rigor to solve business problems. Responsibilities
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional data sets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a business intelligence team, including gathering inputs from leadership and partner teams, road map planning and prioritization, promoting best practices, and mentoring and developing your team.
- Drive the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Model data and metadata for ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Own strategic & tactical planning discussions