Opening date: 16 October 2017 - Closing date: 16 November 2017
Our mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced Product Manager Technical to join the EU support services team and concentrate on process defects. The role will be responsible for managing and maintaining the CS Concessions workflows in the EU by monitoring issuance, triaging emerging issues and scoping opportunities for improvement. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment; will be a technical expert; and be a creative and analytical problem solver with an obsession for excellent Customer Service.
As a Product Manager Tech, you will work with the operational leadership team and technical teams to deliver solutions to complex problems aligned to the department’s strategy goals of improving Amazon's customer experience and bottom-line profitability by reducing root-cause defects that lead to customer concession events (e.g., product returns, replacements, and other forms of customer remediation).
This position requires high judgment and an ability to balance customer experience with financial impact; it also offers broad exposure to various software development, business, and financial teams within Amazon.
You will be obsessed with creating and delivering projects that truly minimize defects in the customers’ shopping and delivery experience. A key to your success will be strong indirect influencing skills. You should have experience in defect reduction techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma, creating business requirements, and driving improvements.
Key responsibilities are:
- Maintain and optimize Customer Service processes and workflows
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
- Scope and develop end to end solutions to reduce business defects
- Own prioritization and stakeholder communication for new projects
- Author business requirement documents and drive implementation efforts with multiple technical teams
- Triage identified technical issues and expedite solutions and root cause analysis of defect
- Support development of new business initiatives throughout the EU