Amazon.com is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Operations Engineers for our Network Operations team to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide high quality first-tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network operations. He/she will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of networking and networking concepts and theory, and have experience participating in operational network support for a large-scale enterprise environment. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazons world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Provide critical on-shift network operations support to Amazon.com customers to diagnose and respond to large-scale networking events
- Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
- Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Monitor and manage communications during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Identify and take ownership for opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Contribute through innovation to the reduction in the end-to-end cost of delivering packets
- Mentor junior staff in basic network administration and help to structure relevant training plans
- Participation in entry level interviewing