Amazon is currently looking for a talented, result oriented and forward-thinking Senior Accountant to join its expanding AWS Accounting team, based in Cork. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment and will take an active role in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes for group and statutory reporting purposes.
The successful candidate will need to have outstanding accounting skills, and be experienced with US GAAP and IFRS. He or she will be working cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners.
In a fast-paced environment, the candidate will develop the accounting and controllership function for a number of subsidiaries and operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for EU AWS entities for US GAAP and statutory purposes
- Preparing statutory and group (US GAAP) accounts to support statutory and tax compliance
- Actively participating in monthly analytical reviews of Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Preparing analytics and supporting schedules to support statutory audit processes
- Implementing and being in charge of monthly maintenance of the statutory ledgers
- Working with various cross-functional stakeholders to design and implement efficient and compliant accounting processes, and effective controls
- Actively participating in improvement initiatives, standardization, re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices, working closely with systems teams and demonstrating strong understanding of financial accounting systems
- Conducting thorough analysis of complex accounting issues and preparing US and local GAAP technical position papers
- Conducting regular communications with external parties, including but not limited to auditors, consultants and service providers
- Proactively participating in supporting initiatives and projects related to AWS operations
- Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative