Amazon Business is hiring a Senior Technology Leader to lead Pricing tech organization in Madrid. In this highly visible role, you will partner with leadership to understand business requirements, influence product vision and deliver strategic solutions. You’ll be responsible for technical teams that deliver software roadmap features for our business customers worldwide.
Amazon Business is rethinking how business customers research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities and buy esoteric products that consumers do not. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base… and you will help us to solve this.
We've made some good strides within a year of launch to become one of the most promising ‘big’ opportunities within Amazon. You can read about it on your favorite media outlets.
You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a highly skilled group of Software Development Engineers and Managers, managing them to deliver and growing their careers.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong understanding of core software development and algorithmic concepts. The candidate is passionate about technology and wants to solve real customer problems. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take high degree of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Establish and drive improvements in process and quality of service, strategic planning, project management, and management of resources across teams
- Set a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations
- Think big and build big for the long term, while maintaining nimbleness to experiment and deliver small and valuable new features for customers
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Operate at all levels of the technology stack, including front-end user experience, mobile applications, and back-end services
- Handle business escalations with a data-driven approach
- Travel internationally as required (including visits to Seattle a few times per year)