Are you an experienced, senior IT professional that can transform how an enterprise views and uses IT with disruptive technologies like cloud computing? Have you personally arrived at a vision of how cloud technologies can fundamentally change how IT engages with the business, create new revenue streams, streamline costs, and establish an effective and innovative mechanism with the agility to meet the dynamic needs of the business in the 21st century? Can you work equally well with both executives and technologists, shaping and leading highly-visible, highly-impactful projects that are transforming a company and potentially an entire industry?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Consultants in our Professional Services (ProServe) organization that can be obsessed about our customers and the technological, business, financial, and organizational elements of their cloud transformation journey. Our ProServe consultants will engage with customers to help them establish their overall cloud journey vision, their business drivers, their operational model, how they need to operate in the future, their roadmap to become cloud first, and then help them execute that vision and roadmap. Our ProServe consultants will have the vision to map out a customer’s entire cloud journey, but then help dive deep in with the customer on the “Business Capabilities” that are required as part of their journey (AWS Cloud Adoption Framework perspectives: Business, Governance, and People). This will be coupled with a very strong technical knowledge allowing expert level interaction on the Technical Capabilities too (AWS Cloud Adoption Framework perspectives: Platform, Security, and Operations).
This role is aligned to an Enterprise Architect that helps organizations define the transformational elements required for their cloud journey and how they engage the business to accelerate that journey. The ProServe consultants will have a broad range of skills to engage with IT and business executives for our customers and advise them on the right technical and non-technical changes required for a successful cloud journey with AWS. The ProServe consultants will also need a depth of applied knowledge in: business case development, business architecture, IT innovation, organizational change management, IT governance, data centre migrations, ITSM, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, PMBOK, IT process & compliance, and cloud operating models.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about:
· Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise cloud strategies
· Identifying motivators and drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers
· Cost/Benefit modelling and creating compelling business cases for migration to the cloud
· Analysing and aligning professional learning and certification paths for supporting IT teams
· Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent engagement of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies
· Generating cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organisation structures
· Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute plans
· Hands on with technical proofs of concept, network architectures and services.
· Using the breadth of AWS services both through the console and programmatically.
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
· Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
· Worked in the capacity of “trusted advisor” for senior technology leaders
· Delivering IT strategy & consulting services
· Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes)
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
· Owning and executing on organizational change management for an overall transformation (cloud preferably)
· Experience in selling and executing professional services
· Good all round knowledge of computing including networking, data models, application architectures, internet concepts.
· Shell / Command line usage and some basic scripting familiarity bash, python or similar.
An additional specialisation within any of Security, Big Data & Analytics, ML & IoT is optional, but of interest.