Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast, how much it has cost Amazon, and what kinds of systems & processes are running behind the scenes to power the whole operation? If so, the EU Supply Chain – Inventory Placement team is for you. Business area : Operations, Supply Chain Europe
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, as surpassing their expectations is our passion.
In Supply Chain we ensure that customers are served on time, while always working to expand and accelerate our network, as well as making it more efficient. We control Inventory placement, Customer experience, and Buying systems that define and control the complex movements of goods from vendors to customers throughout Europe. This role is in the Inventory placement team. The role: Supply Chain Analyst, Inventory Placement
The EU Inventory Placement team is seeking a talented Analyst to join us in supporting the continuous acceleration of our European fulfillment network. It’s still Day 1 at Amazon, and we’re still learning how to run one of the biggest and most complex network that was ever built. Since Amazon was created, this problem is still open and we’re looking for somebody passionate about solving this with us. You will play an integral part in Amazon EU's inventory management and fulfillment by partnering with various teams across operations, software development, retail and finance teams. You drive optimization projects with multiple stakeholders in an environment in constant evolution with senior leadership exposure. You’re passionate about data mining and demonstrating success with math.
In this role, you will :
- Identify the optimization opportunities in the inventory placement field using your strong data analysis, mathematical, and technical systems expertise
- Analyze large data sets quickly and identify complex patterns and relationships to develop and implement solutions to real business problems
- Recommend solution to deliver those optimizations and deliver timely, relevant business reports to key stakeholders, including senior management
- Implement those solutions on the field (long and short term), involving software developers, warehouses, transportation teams.
- Measure success through the right set of metrics, working closely with finance team
- Shape the knowledge of the team and determine new strategic direction for your field together with other teams of research scientists and business intelligence analysts