Senior Finance Analyst
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Finance Analyst to join its ever-growing Finance team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com Position Description
The Senior Finance Analyst (SFA) will be finance partner for Amazon Business in EU, supporting the program management and the commercial leaders of the business to deliver the financial commitments.
In this role you will own the controllership of the business and work cross-functionally and cross-geography establishing best in class processes, analysis, controls and reporting. Through insightful analysis you will lead profitability improvement initiatives and derive “opportunities” to boost the key drivers of the business. The role is very broad based and will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact. Role Responsibilities
Controllership of the business unit(s).
· Ability to manage or lead others and further develop exceptional talent.
· Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting to develop the improvement plans and create new measures
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modelling
- Innovative and commercial
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
- Ambitious, want to succeed and be part of a great team
- 5 -10 years of relevant finance experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Advanced Excel user, VBA (even better)
- SQL (or similar), preferred but not required
- Good handling of large amounts of data
- Fluent in English. French and German would be considered a plus
- Masters/Bachelor's degree in business, finance, math or related field