Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where customers can find and discover almost anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Our vision for Print-On-Demand (POD) is a world where customers can find and buy any book in any language on Amazon; where publishers and authors can distribute their titles across Amazon’s EU and global websites without having to hold physical inventory; where every title is always “in-stock” and customer orders are manufactured in real-time and delivered on-time.
Over the past 10 years Amazon’s EU POD business has grown rapidly and POD has become a strategic cornerstone to Amazon’s physical media business supporting selection and availability. However, it is still “day 1” for POD with plenty of opportunity for improving our existing offering to customers, authors and publishers, developing new ones and ultimately driving future business growth.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, analytical team-player based in our UK offices in Central London who will help to grow the selection of content from publishers and independent authors on our Print-on-Demand programme. This role reports into the Head of POD UK. The EU POD team is managed centrally from Luxembourg with team members based in the UK and Germany. The global POD organisation also operates in Japan and the US.
Working closely with both the UK Books team and the broader POD operational, content acquisition and product teams around the world, the focus of this role is to invent, launch and manage growth initiatives, demand drivers and service enhancements to continue to grow selection and ensure the best availability for our customer Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing strategic initiatives for scalably growing selection on the global POD programme from publishers and authors.
- Identifying and scalably engaging with other groups/businesses who would benefit from using our POD services.
- Building effective working relationships with strategically important publishers and aggregators in order to increase their participation in POD and strengthen engagement with the programme.
- Collaborating with the POD EU team to advance the on-demand offer portfolio, continually refine content acquisition best practices and define compelling new customer propositions.
- Establishing a strong working relationship with the Amazon.co.uk Books team
- Performing regular detailed analyses to better understand the business in order to identify improvements and changes to enhance our offers and services.