At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team that is developing and launching a new business model in the UK? Do you want to work on a highly innovative initiative that will take Amazon into new market segments? Then this is your opportunity to make history! This is your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
This innovative offering requires customized operations – beyond our current operational model in the UK. Be part of a world-class team! Be responsible for the implementation of major, high impact operations programmes!
The Operations team is looking for a talented Program Manager to develop operational standards and processes for this exciting venture, and to drive launch. We seek an experienced Project/Program Manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of successful project delivery. Proven ability to manage, influence, and engage a broad group of stakeholders is a must. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives and align your plans with Amazon’s strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. You should be experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions, and leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with partners from other organizational areas, drive the launch in the UK
- Own the definition of processes and standards
- Partner with stakeholders to develop a project plan for successful launch; partnering with Retail teams, Tech teams, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence the operation of the launch
- Manage the operational setup of new locations
- Defining staffing and labor planning strategies; support hiring for the crew on-site
- Plan inbound/outbound capacity
- Work closely with our Transportation team to develop a product delivery strategy, which will involve fleet management responsibility across the UK
- Monitor and report on the progress of multiple activities including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect overall program deliverables
- Set up performance metrics around productivity, quality, and safety