Amazon Publishing is a leading publisher of fiction and nonfiction. Its mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers.
Amazon Publishing is seeking an innovative, passionate, market-savvy senior editor for its Italian imprints. You will be responsible for managing an editorial team in Italy, supporting the title acquisition process and author relationships and you will be working with marketing, publicity, production, and author relations teams to deliver quality books, world-class author experiences, and, under the supervision of the Luxembourg based Amazon Publishing leadership team, contribute to the definition of the strategy and the future of the business in Italy.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in the book publishing industry and list building, agility, flexibility and have a highly commercial goal-oriented approach. She/he should be a strategic thinker and enjoy working in a fast-paced culture. Exceptional critical thinking are essential for success in this role.
This position will be based at the Amazon offices in Milan.
Core Job responsibilities:
Identify, evaluate and develop content, including:
- Help managing a portfolio of titles to deliver on key stakeholder goals, financial and operational performance targets
- Monitoring trend and sales data
- Collaborating with peers across the organization to contribute to the production and marketing of books, deliver high growth and performance for authors and deliver exceptional author experiences
- Help managing an editorial team
- Working with editors, authors and agents, to support the acquisition and publication of first class works for Amazon Publishing’s core imprints
- Working closely with editors, authors and agents to develop authors’ work and careers