Senior Business Development Manager, Mobile Partner Development
Amazon is currently seeking a Senior Business Development Manager, Mobile Partner Development to help us grow our mobile business through the creation and management of strategic partnerships. In particular, this role will focus on creating content partnerships with mobile networks, handset manufacturers and mobile application developers for distribution of Amazon mobile offerings, focusing on Amazon Video (preload, marketing and bundling propositions) and Amazon Shopping (especially in expansion markets to mobile operators in the UK and Europe.
Working closely with the Head of Business Development Manager, UK and Europe, as the Senior Business Development Manager, Mobile Business Development your responsibilities will include the following:
· Successfully negotiate partnership agreements, from first contact through to signed contracts.
· Oversee successful implementation and optimization of all agreements on which you lead.
· Develop a go-to-market distribution plan for addressing mobile distribution opportunities and prioritize mobile network, handset manufacturer and application developer prospects appropriately.
· Develop and support appropriate handover plan to account management on accounts and opportunities on which you have lead the acquisition.
· Coordinate closely with local management, and with worldwide mobile product teams.
· Coordinate with other Amazon business development teams to leverage established relationships and present a unified vision to our partners in the mobile arena.
· Report on plans and results to senior management, and coordinate closely with various internal stakeholders.
· Be a primary point of contact within the team on developments with mobile content and video and competitor activity within this area within the UK and Europe.
Successful candidates will have experience working with external partners and demonstrate excellent relationship management and have a strong will to deliver results. Key attributes to success also include:
· Ability to think, analyse and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Commercial acumen and judgement about when the time is right to secure an opportunity and what is required to secure it.
· Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities, must have completed major business development acquisition deals involving complex legal and commercial negotiation.
· Superior communication skills, high attention to detail, flexibility and willingness to be resourceful in getting things done.
· Good organisational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
· Mobile industry and ideally content experience desired but not essential.