Amazon is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of Payroll within Financial Business Services. We’re not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average Payroll position. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results. It is critical to Amazon’s ongoing success that we provide the highest service to our employees. Our mission statement is: “Pay Employees accurately and on time with the highest customer obsession and highest level of controllership and compliance, at the lowest cost to Amazon”
If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for! About us
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We treat every day like day one. A day to bring in fresh ideas. A day to challenge convention. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history. Role Content
Global Payroll Compliance has high visibility within the organization and you will work with many departments to ensure Payroll Tax is, at a minimum, meeting their Compliance obligations but we challenge you to go above and beyond. You will work with the Global Payroll Compliance and Training team to create tools, metrics data and write reports on the current and identified activities and risk areas we monitor, and be responsible for discovering, advising and measuring risks. You will also work with other key stakeholders including Tax and Global Mobility to support and give advice on Tax related issues. The focus is to mitigate risk and ensure Amazon has an outstanding reputation for meeting their Compliance obligations, internally and externally. You will have the opportunity to make a difference, and this is a high profile area within Amazon that requires a manager with the ability to identify and prioritize business critical risks. Job Responsibilities include:
- Work with key stakeholders and Project teams to ensure Compliance is established for new countries and companies on boarded from day 1.
- Build strong relationships and work closely with Tax and Global Mobility teams to ensure all secondments and long term assignments have correct Tax and Social Security applied in both home and host countries
- Work with Compliance tools to provide management reporting and metrics, and use these in the effective monitoring of identified Compliance risks.
- Work with Compliance tools to effectively track all regular statutory requirements, working closely with Payrolls teams to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Discover and identify new areas of risk, and potential Non Compliance and manage to resolution and full Compliance
- Manage / facilitate in audits and exploratory sessions of the Operational payroll process and statutory requirements.
- Review internal and external audit reports providing remediation plans and working with stakeholders to close identified risks and issues.
- Work closely with the Payroll teams in all geographies, providing support and guidance, and continuous training on areas of Payroll Compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with relevant departments, including Tax, Accounting, HR and Global Mobility and support in relevant tax related issues.
- Build partnerships with External Counsel Consultants to gain expert advice where necessary.
- Work closely with partners in the Compensation and Benefit teams to increase knowledge and ensure compliance is achieved in the implementation of new / expanded benefit programmes.