Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our Sellers and Vendors. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach to customers by leveraging the power of Amazon’s e-commerce platform. We believe that every day is Day One
- a day to take a first step, a day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you to make your ideas come to life, and your day to join a Company that redefines itself every day. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we are your perfect match.
Amazon’s Global Logistics (AGL) team is dedicated to building, managing and operating a global network that enables selection from anywhere in the world, and delivers to customers anywhere in the world in the most efficient manner.
Recently Amazon launched Turkish on Amazon.de. Volume are going up between EU and TR and we are establishing a dedicated operational team to improve our customer experience for this flow. As we expand our reach, the team is looking to hire experienced and self-motivated managers for international operations who can work independently with internal and external stakeholders, drive efficiencies and deliver results.
You will report to the AGL leader (based in Luxembourg), and will be responsible for the relationship with our several 3PL providers in the assigned region. Interfacing with Retail teams, as well as EU External Fulfillment, Supply Chain and Transportation teams, you will be in charge of running local operations/processes, improving customer experience, inventory management and external partner performances in a fast growing environment. Key Responsibilities
• Foster strong and positive team spirit and develop team capability to deliver outstanding performance.
• Own import/ export operations’ KPI and metrics. Proactively manage the in-scope performance with scalable operational capability in place.
• Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities.Drive or support procurement team’s sourcing of relevant LSPs.
• Solve for capacity and capability issues ahead of the needs. Drive LSPs’ service reliability and flexibility. Identify at-risk operations and develop/execute contingency protocol to minimize service failures.
• Ensure cross functional alignment with import & export operation strategy. Propose / support new lanes and product launches that add value to our customers.
• Communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to identify and remove bottlenecks.
• As the regional subject matter expert, develop a detailed understanding of how business requirements are delivered by Amazon’s technical solutions.
Working location: Luxembourg/Turkey (Instanbul)