At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Finance Analyst to join its ever-growing Operations Finance team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg. Will be responsible for the financial evaluation of alternative fulfilment solutions and projects (like third Party Logistics Providers) in the Amazon EU network, and for the financial support of EU packaging and shipping supplies.
In order to achieve that, she / he will work with internal business partners at all levels of the organization - Operations and Retail.
The Finance Analyst will analyze and approve capital investment opportunities within the Internal and External Fulfillment Center network and support financial reporting, forecasting, controls and analysis for EU packaging and shipping supplies. In this role you will be required to work cross-functionally establishing best in class processes, controls and reporting. Through insightful analysis you will have the opportunity to lead cost improvement initiatives and partner with business owners to implement cost savings. The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
• Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings in packaging innovation and automation, defend and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
• Participate on negotiations with Third Party Logistics providers and evaluate their financial offers.
• Ensure finance and accounting processes in EU packaging and shipping supplies are fit for purpose and deliver effective financial control
• Establish and maintain operating and business metrics in EU packaging and shipping supplies and EU External Fulfillment network.
• Enhance tools, processes, scale existing solutions, create new solutions based on stakeholder needs
• Integrate data improvements and increased visibility into reporting and planning processes
• Develop reporting and analysis to drive improvement of controllership and predictability of EU External Fulfillment network
• Develop and publish key performance indicators and regular business metrics for CAPEX and third Party Logistics Providers
• Evaluate and challenge, approve or reject CAPEX investment proposals
• Data and Business Process Management: establish regular process and data quality audits for EU packaging and shipping supplies to ensure accuracy, completeness and understanding of EU and country level data
• Define/ enhance processes to ensure analysis is streamlined and efficient at all times, especially with regards to materials and stock management.
• Support database design, drive the implementation and maintenance.
• Develop agile processes for fluid delivery of data, information, and analyses to the business
• Evaluate and implement opportunities for improving forecast accuracy and improving/automating the forecasting and actual reporting processes.
• Produce regular reports and analysis, write systems queries to gather financial data, and perform data-mining and analysis using tools including MS Excel, Oracle and MySQL to identify trends and develop forecasts, as well as identify opportunities for cost savings