HR Service Management supports the effective running of HR Services as it builds in size and process and operational accountabilities. The role holder is responsible for building and leading a program to drive the HR process improvements necessary to support our rapid growth utilizing Lean, Six Sigma, and/or similar process improvement methodologies. The leader will work closely with key subject matter experts and decision-makers to evaluate business opportunities, determine the key initiatives, and build continuous improvement capability within the HR Services organization.
The successful candidate must be able to quickly understand the business, along with its key operational drivers, in order to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend improved, measurable and sustainable solutions to those opportunities. Further, the candidate must have an action-oriented and collaborative mindset, with a demonstrated track record of forming productive, trust-based relationships with colleagues at all levels.
The role holder will report to the Service Management Manager and will focus on the following job tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and lead a program to create a culture of continuous improvement within the HR Services team, and fosters a customer-centric focus on the quality, productivity, and scalability of our services.
- Provide leadership on project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy. Lead efforts to evaluate and redesign HR processes to align with the company’s rapid growth and commitment to quality.
- Drive consistency and capability across all HR Services teams and locations to support the growth of the company and continued scalability of the services we provide to employees, managers and our HR partners. Identify opportunities for Standard Work with HR Services teams.
- Form cross-functional project teams, plan and organize, manage, and execute complex performance improvement projects. Establish sign-off and approval processes for each step of the process and ensure buy in from key corporate stakeholders and field customers.
- Manage department kaizen schedule and support events; ensure active and effective continuous improvement engagement in all locations; follow up to ensure timely financial validation and sustainment of improvements.
- Collaborate and communicate with other global process improvement leaders (e.g. Fulfillment Center, Customer Service, and Payroll) on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, programs of study and knowledge sharing.
- Partner with the customer to clarify needs, business goals, and objectives and agree on how to achieve the desired results efficiently and effectively in order to develop solutions that address the root cause(s) of performance gaps rather than symptoms or side effects.
- Responsible for needs analysis, end-to-end design, development, implementation and sustainment plan of programs with the goal to develop knowledge and build skills in Process Improvement, Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies as appropriate for front line employees and leadership.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability. Conduct post-implementation evaluations to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution.