Amazon has created some of the most game changing technologies in the world. From the introduction of innovative new products like the Kindle, to the development of new ways for customers to leverage Amazon’s vast infrastructure through Fulfillment by Amazon, and Amazon Web Services, we have consistently driven change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for a handful of innovative and solutions oriented engineers to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering next generation, world-class fulfillment and transportation systems. If the idea of using ground-breaking technologies to develop fulfillment and logistics systems in the multi-national juggernaut that is Amazon has your attention, then keep reading. If not, please stay out of our way as we change the world.
As a Senior Innovation & Design Engineer, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of physical fulfillment systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
· Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects