Senior VAT Tech Analyst
Amazon’s vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Our diverse internet business requires VAT-related filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe. These filings are the responsibility of the European VAT Compliance & Controllership (VAT C&C) team. The dynamic growth of the business and the complexity of VAT requirements in Europe mean that the number of filings is increasing. Technology solutions are needed to manage this increase, and a technology-focused resource is needed to help us develop and implement the tax technology we need. We are therefore looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join us in a new role at the heart of our VAT C&C team. The role will specialise in providing support to the C&C team in the development and use of technology, including accounting systems and automation tools.
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with the VAT C&C team and other colleagues in Tax to identify, document and prioritise technology requirements;
· Preparing Business Requirement Documents and other documents as needed;
· Discussing and explaining requirements to other teams;
· Working with tech teams within and outside Tax to develop, test, refine and implement requirements on a timely basis;
· Maintaining, updating and further developing solutions post-implementation, in conjunction with tech teams outside Tax, as needed;
· Providing support to VAT C&C team in all aspects of technology, including for audits and other projects;
· Liaising, supporting and communicating with colleagues in, and acting as technical SME for, the VAT C&C team;
· Acting as POC between the VAT C&C team and colleagues in technical teams outside Tax (Tax Tech, Fin Tech, Tax Engine, etc).