Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Front End Engineer to join its growing team. This engineer will have a significant impact on AWS business as they lead the implementation for mission critical tooling and abstract away complex workflows enabling AWS customers to safely operate the world’s most scalable infrastructure.
This engineer will own the customer facing tooling, experience and interaction model for a management interface to mission critical networking and capacity management systems. They will be responsible for creating the right abstractions and guardrails that enable customers to configure, deploy, and manage mission critical capacity at a greater velocity while reducing risk.
WHAT? A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software.
WHERE? At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on AWS team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
WHY THERE? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. AWS leverages big data technologies and deep network analytics software to drive network automation, performance, and reliability.
WHY CARE? Make history as a software developer at AWS. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
AWS is looking for candidates who are:
- Capable of implementing and designing simple, elegant, and efficient experiences for AWS customers, both internal and external
- Test, test, test: AWS engineers don't just write code, they also test the heck out of it. You will write unit tests, integration tests and regression tests and find ways to automate them in order to drive quality and prevent regressions.
- Troubleshoot and fix operational problems: You will work with systems and software engineers to troubleshoot operational problems and fix them. You will also have the opportunity to automate troubleshooting procedures, write tools and, when the issues concern specific customers, talk to customers and understand their space better.
- Influence product direction: You will propose ideas for the future of the space and get to shape the roadmap.
- Hire and mentor others: You will interview people for the team and mentor other engineers. You will also be able to find a mentor from any space in Amazon in order to help you grow in your career.