Amazon Development Centre (Scotland)
LOCATION: EDINBURGH, UK
About the Role:
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our friendly, international team in central Edinburgh for 3-6 month Software Development Engineer internships in 2018. Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university’s placement scheme.
Our interns join one of our small agile teams at our development centre, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. Your team will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Projects here include:
- Dynamic Merchandising - Personalised merchandising for Amazon on web, mobile and devices.
- Dynamic Advertising - Personalised advertising (web, mobile and video) on third-party publisher sites.
- Inherent Relationships - Worldwide media relationship data such as Series, Bibliography, Discography and AutoRip.
- Automated Privacy and Trust - Automating analysis of big data for privacy and trust.
- Amazon Registry Services - Helping customers discover, create and maintain their own websites.
- Talent Management - Inventing solutions to optimise employee talent across Amazon.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
You will be joining a high performing team that you will grow and innovate with. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, mentor and team, not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.