Amazon is currently looking for a talented, result oriented and forward-thinking Accountant to join its expanding AWS Accounting team, based in Cork. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment and will take an active role in monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes for group and statutory reporting purposes.
The successful candidate will need to have outstanding accounting skills, and be experienced with US GAAP and IFRS. He or she will be working cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners.
In a fast-paced environment, the candidate will develop the accounting and controllership function for a number of subsidiaries and operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being a key participant in monthly close process and preparing various monthly / quarterly / annual deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs
- Preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals and other documents necessary to support monthly close activities
- Actively participating in continuous improvement, standardization and re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices
- Supporting on-boarding of new entities and activities, ensuring that all related accounting processes and controls are in place and launch ready
- Demonstrating strong technical accounting acumen to be able to conclude on accounting treatment, while clearly and concisely documenting the underlying analysis
- Actively participating in preparation of statutory accounts and driving supporting accounting activities
- Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules in connection with annual audits and coordinating with internal stakeholders and outside advisors
- Participating in cross-functional and cross-border projects
- Building strong working relationships with key business partners
- Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative