Software Development Engineer - Amazon DynamoDB
Are you interested in building and operating some of the largest distributed systems in the world? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and query huge amounts of data?
In AWS DynamoDB, our mission is to provide customers with best in class cloud data services to store, query and analyze the enormous datasets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times – we are building out an elite team of developers in Dublin working on ambitious initiatives to keep pace with global demand for DynamoDB. Check out this video
for one example on how DynamoDB helps its customers scale their database needs.
We’re looking for developers with expertise, ambition and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, high performance storage systems, and database internals – experience with parallel query processing, distributed caching, or transaction processing are all big pluses. If this is you, AWS is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry. Position Responsibilities:
• Drive the architecture and technology roadmap and execution for key DynamoDB services
• Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed solution architecture
• Code and test system components, lead code and design reviews
• Deliver and operate highly available, scalable low latency services in production
• Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team