Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
App and game developers are an important part of the Amazon community, supplying content that keeps customers entertained on a variety of devices, including Fire tablets, Fire TV, and the Amazon Appstore app available on Android phones and tablets. Be part of the team that fosters a developer community for Amazon, enabling us to bring apps and games to customers for less and helping developers reach new customers and monetise!
The Amazon Appstore team is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to lead community outreach, engagement, and events for our developer community. Our developers range in size from large mobile and entertainment businesses to indie game studios, start-ups, hobbiest developers and students, and in this role you will be responsible for development and execution of marketing plans to target these diverse audiences. Responsibility will include lead acquisition and nurture campaigns, fostering relationships with developer and startup communities, and leadership of our 500+ plus (and growing) annual developer summit. You will also act as the Subject Matter Expert for developers, developing a deep understanding of what drives developer adoption and loyalty.
As a Sr. Marketing Manager for Amazon Appstore, your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Help define the developer event marketing and communication strategy to drive developer adoption
- Be the face of Amazon Appstore to developers, fostering relationships with communities of developers and start-ups.
- Identify and evaluate partnership as well as sponsorship opportunities, which could include co-marketing with app and game communities, industry events, and engagement with gaming communities.
- Manage the marketing budget and agency resources.
- Participate in the establishment, implementation and measurement of the effectiveness of initiatives to help drive adoption of Amazon Appstore.
- Work both at the planning level by generating bold and innovative ideas to foster and build the developer community, and at the tactical level by managing event marketing execution and optimisation.
- Understand the conversion pipeline and identify optimisations that will improve conversion of developers and deepen engagement.
- Draft and localise marketing collateral for event and community building activities.
- Optimize and drive efficiency of all event activity
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, attention to detail oriented and developer focused, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record for leading successful event marketing programs across multiple touch points. A passion and understanding of the mobile space, a love of apps and games, and an interest in new titles and the developers who create them is a must!
The position will be based in Amazon’s UK office in London Shoreditch.