Who are we and what we do?
The Amazon Consumer Localization team in Luxembourg is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE’s) to work on the platform services used to give Amazon customers access to a world-wide selection of products, in their language of choice, on their preferred Amazon website. The software we work on is used to localize millions of products from one Amazon marketplace to another and is key to powering Amazon's international expansion. Our services interact with many of Amazon’s core e-commerce technologies, including catalog, pricing, and fulfillment, we build high-scale systems on top of AWS, and we utilize the latest development methodologies like Continuous Deployment, Infrastructure-As-Code etc.What do we offer?
You will be given time to learn in depth about AWS services, machine learning, software development practices, tools. You will get an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from exceptional engineers while using technology to solve interesting challenges, like building large-scale distributed systems. Senior developers will mentor you on your way.
You will work in an agile environment that delivers quality releases and responds quickly to customer needs. Later you will mentor junior engineers or interns. How do I fit as a candidate?
We are looking for a software development engineer who is passionate about building great products in the context of a diverse, multi-functional and independent team.
A successful candidate:
- is able to build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- is comfortable participating in the full development lifecycle, including design, development, test and release
- can troubleshoot and support applications in production critical environments
- is able to communicate clearly and effectively and cares about doings things right
- is passionate about writing reliable, efficient, and maintainable code
- is comfortable with ambiguity and conflicting priorities, chooses good trade-offs and ultimately delivers results
- has the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- mentors and develops junior team members
Most of all, you should take pride in building great applications and rock-solid back-end services for customers.