The Compliance Operations Tech Team supports Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from recalled or unsafe products. The tools we develop are web-based and handle massive amounts of data. We implement the workflows for specific business processes and automate the work allocation based on skills and the prioritization based on business goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in regulatory compliance with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
We are looking for an Applied Scientist with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who will participate in full development cycle from design and implementation to documentation and maintenance. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable data analysis solutions that provide users with robust information solutions. Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's data to help automate and optimize key features and processes.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive new feature creation
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel statistical approaches
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services;
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance;
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation;
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.