The Compliance Operations Tech Team supports Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from recalled or unsafe products. The tools we develop are used internally for various classifications of products and they handle massive amounts of data. We implement the workflows for specific business processes and automate the work allocation based on skills and the prioritization of work items based on business goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in regulatory compliance with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented software engineers and applied scientists with strong analytical and problem solving skills who will innovate and roll-out global solutions to streamline the decision making process. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable solutions.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers and Applied Scientists
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies