We, AWS Scheduling team, own services that enable mission-critical company-wide scheduling and orchestration of automated actions (think super-CRON in the cloud), providing time-based triggers as a building block for thousands of distributed applications and services across Amazon including public AWS services (EC2, Code*, OpsWorks, CloudWatch, QuickSight and many others). Our team relentlessly emphasizes quality, and takes pride in engineering and operational excellence - high availability, performance and robustness are table stakes for us.
We are looking for YOU, a Senior Systems Development Engineer to help design, build and drive operational excellence of our massive scale distributed system.
What is in for you?
- You will work alongside seasoned AWS engineers, highly technical people with extensive distributed systems experience.
- You will sharpen your engineering and analytical skills working with them to solve challenging problems, and learning from the trove of experience this team has gathered operating critical distributed services for 5+ years.
- You will own infrastructure projects end-to-end, delivering in all phases, starting from an idea and ending with deployment and operation of battle-tested code in production.
- Your skill-set will become the leading edge in cloud-based distributed systems, and you will be able to look back at your growth with pride.
- As an experienced developer you will mentor junior engineers