Role: IT Support Technician (M/F)
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Support Technician, you will report to the IT Manager and will be responsible for working closely with the business, fellow technicians and engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Putting your Customers first, you will provide a 1st / 2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also participate in site-wide projects that support changing business and IT requirements.
This is an hourly role, paid weekly, and you will be working in shift patterns, with some out of hours work. This role will also include supporting external sites so travel will be necessary.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Carrying out the execution of change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
· Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, thin clients and workstations. Some cabling work will also be required (after training).
· Management of imaging of workstations and laptops.
· Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon policies and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
· Maximizing availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance, continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
· Delivering an outstanding level of service to your Customer base.
· Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
· Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
· Undertaking ad-hoc requests and tasks as and when required.
· The management Asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with global standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process with suppliers.
· Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which does include out of hours work).
· Managing shift / daily infrastructure and Distribution Frame (MDF/IDF) audits and checks, including the production of shift / daily reports.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Technicians execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48-inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 40 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height).
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and the worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.