Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, willing to travel, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a technical position in so much as the successful individual will be required to to find solutions to complex problems, implement new and challenging standards whilst holding to the highest bar with regards quality and technical expertise. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour.
This position requires hands-on experience across a wide IT scope. From PC hardware, IT infrastructure (hardware and software), software application and development and O/S support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting). In short have hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure whether on Windows, Linux/Unix and Macintosh platforms and including wired and wireless networking.
· To provide a 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met. Escalating where required. Whether it be an end user or an IT peer the role requires the individual to support and solve all issues – no job is too big or small.
· To create, write, review and move the bar with regards to standards and the corresponding documentation. Defining processes and measures to ensure their success.
· To mentor and guide other IT peers across the globe across all levels, lifting the bar both in the technical and non-technical aspects of the role.
· Project Management including acting as a single point of contact for projects, to provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives. Including prioritization of workloads for both local and remote teams to ensure project delivery.
· To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· To review, write and execute change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand; including all aspects of procurement and inventory management.
· To carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
· Contribute to the on call schedule whether for a site or across multiple sites / region.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for customers find what they want “Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.