Interested in Amazon Kindle and Alexa? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking an experienced team manager to develop and manage data associates to support our speech and language technology. The Team Manager will lead throughput execution in Cambridge UK and partner closely with Program Manager(s) globally to meet data SLAs. S/he will become an expert in the dialog evaluation processes, support and train a team of data associates, and ensure that accuracy and throughput volume standards are maintained week over week.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and coaching & developing others. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
- Manage job assignment of up to 30 data associates on a day-to-day basis monitoring performance on job or queue adherence, volume, and quality
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work across various workflows (transcription, verification, annotation, etc.) and/or navigating competing delivery priorities
- Liaise with globally based Program Managers Team Managers to surface risks & propose mitigation strategies for meeting SLAs
- Track quality and utilization metrics
- File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity
- Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to up to 40 data associates (direct reports)
- Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean