AMDS Team Manager
Are you interested in working with Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo along with other products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come and join us!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to join the Alexa team in Cambridge UK.
You will manage Data Associates to support our speech and language technology, helping drive and manage all aspects of performance and development.
The Team Manager must have a demonstrable passion for data, efficiency and accuracy along with a passion for people management.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and coaching & developing others. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
Manage job assignment of up to 30 data associates on a day-to-day basis monitoring performance on job or queue adherence, volume, and quality
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work across various workflows (transcription, verification, annotation, etc.) and/or navigating competing delivery priorities
- Liaise with globally based Program Managers Team Managers to surface risks & propose mitigation strategies for meeting SLAs
- Track quality and utilization metrics
- File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity
- Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to up to 40 data associates (direct reports)
- Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean